It’s easy to forget about keeping our sleeping environment clean and healthy, especially in today’s busy world. We spend a lot of time in our bedrooms but often prioritize the appearance of the space over the quality of the air we breathe with the help of our top 6 plant selection.
Fortunately, a simple and natural solution to this problem is bedroom plants. Certain plants can purify the air by removing harmful pollutants, chemicals, and toxins. This article will discuss the top 6 bedroom plants that enhance your room’s aesthetic appeal and create a healthier living space.
- Snake Plant (Sansevieria): This plant tops the list for air purification. It releases oxygen at night, making it the perfect bedroom companion. The snake plant also removes toxins like benzene, formaldehyde, and trichloroethylene from the air, which can lead to headaches, respiratory issues, and eye irritation.
- Aloe Vera: Known for its numerous benefits, aloe vera is a skincare essential and a great air purifier. It helps remove formaldehyde, benzene, and carbon monoxide from the air. Aloe vera also releases oxygen and absorbs carbon dioxide at night, making it an excellent plant for better sleep.
- Spider Plant (Chlorophytum comosum): It is effortless to keep and has proven
highly efficient in eliminating harmful pollutants like formaldehyde, carbon monoxide, and xylene. Furthermore, the spider plant’s long, arched leaves bring a touch of greenery to any room.
- Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum): Besides being an attractive plant with elegant white flowers, peace lilies are known for their ability to purify the air. They remove toxins like formaldehyde, benzene, and trichloroethylene. Peace lilies thrive in low-light conditions, making them ideal for bedrooms.
- English Ivy (Hedera Helix): English Ivy is a versatile plant that looks beautiful and helps combat mould and formaldehyde, making it an excellent choice for air purification. It is also known to reduce airborne particles that can trigger allergies and asthma symptoms.
- Bamboo Palm (Chamaedorea seifrizii): This tropical plant is a natural humidifier perfect for dry indoor environments. The bamboo palm effectively removes formaldehyde, benzene, and trichloroethylene from the air. The lush green foliage adds a calming and tranquil atmosphere to your bedroom.
Apart from their air-purifying qualities, these plants also positively impact mental health. Greenery indoors can reduce stress and anxiety and promote better sleep. They also increase humidity levels, reduce airborne dust, and create a calming ambiance.
Caring for these plants is relatively easy. They require indirect sunlight, regular watering, and well-drained soil. However, it is essential to note that some plants may be toxic to pets, so it’s necessary to research and choose pet-friendly options if you have animals in the house.
In conclusion, incorporating bedroom plants is a simple and effective way to improve your sleeping space’s air quality and overall health. With their air-purifying abilities and aesthetic appeal, these plants create a serene and peaceful environment conducive to a good night’s sleep. So, why not invest in these natural air purifiers and reap the benefits of a healthy and happy life in your bedroom?