Haqeemi Herbs respect your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal information when you:
- visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from);
and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
1. Important information and who we are
PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Haqeemi Herbs collects and processes your personal information through your use of this website, including any data you may provide when you sign up to our newsletter, or purchase a product or service or take part in a competition.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
Haqeemi Herbs is the controller and responsible for your personal information (collectively referred to as ”Haqeemi Herbs”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
We have appointed a GDPR team who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact the GDPR team using the details set out below. If you would like to exercise any of your legal rights, please complete the relevant form included at the Your legal rights section of this privacy notice and send this to us at the details included on the form. Our GDPR team will be happy to help with any questions that you may have.
Our full details are:
Legal entity: Haqeemi Herbs
Contact: GDPR Team
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE AND YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
This version was last updated on 2nd April 2022
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us. You can update your information at any time by amending your personal information within Your Details section of My Account at HaqeemiHerbs.com.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
2. The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal information about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, gender, marital status, title, date of birth, email address.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone number.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes Internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, cookie ID’s, web log information, device identifiers and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services, your browsing activity including intended purchases and aborted baskets, completion of surveys, wish-lists, connection information and statistics on your visits to site and page views, the links you click and other actions you take on our services, within our advertising or e-mail content and participation in promotional activity. Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal information but is not considered personal information in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal information so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal information which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Where we need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
3. How is your personal data collected
We capture, process and retain personal information from you and any devices you may use when you navigate to a HollandandBarrett.com web or mobile view, by transacting, by registering an account and otherwise interacting with us. We may also collect personal information from you if you physically enter into one of our stores or attend an event.
We may capture customer information, purchase data and browsing behaviour as part of the rewards for life loyalty programme. This is so we can optimise and personalise your experience with HaqeemiHerbs.com.
Some more examples of the different methods by which we collect information from and about you include through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal information you provide when you
- register or purchase our products or services through the site;
- apply to join our rewards for life;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our services or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- contact our customer service team;
- enter a competition, promotion, survey or complete a questionnaire; or
- give us some feedback.
We may allow you to share information with social media sites, or use social media sites to create your account or to connect your account with the respective social media site. Those social media sites may give us automatic access to certain personal information retained by them about you (e.g., content viewed by you, content liked by you and information about the advertisements you have been shown or may have clicked on). Where this information is received by us, we will use this information to further personalise your experience with HaqeemiHerbs.com.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal information about you from various third parties as set out below:
Technical Data from the following parties:
(a) analytics providers such as Google Analytics and Google DoubleClick based outside the EU;
(b) advertising networks such as Amnet based inside the EU and Google Display Network based outside the EU;
(c) Social Network providers such as Facebook based outside the EU;
Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services such as PayPal based outside the EU;
Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators such as Experian based inside the EU;
Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
4. How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract, we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Please see point 5 below (Purposes for which we will use your personal information) to find out more about the types of lawful basis that we will rely on to process your personal information.
We may use consent in some circumstances, such as in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message or inside your browser if you have opted to receive these. You have the right to withdraw consent to email and SMS marketing at any time by accessing your account “My Account”, or for messaging inside your browser, refer to your specific browser guide below, or by e-mailing or contacting our Customer Services team. For more information about these and other options click here – Contact us.
When you apply for rewards for life we check and verify your e-mail address. In performing such checks, your information may be disclosed to credit reference agencies such as Experian who keep a record of that information, but these are not credit checks and your credit rating will not be affected. We may contact you by e-mail, phone, text, or SMS in relation to managing your account or the performance of our contract with you including:
- delivery fulfilment, where we need further information from you;
- to give you updates in relation to your account, order or delivery;
- if you haven’t used your account, or your rewards for life within a period of 12 months, to give you the opportunity to keep your account or rewards for life active, at this time we will we will remind you of the great benefits you may be missing out on. If we fail to hear back from you following three e-mail reminders, we will take steps to de-activate your account / rewards for life.
5. Purposes for which we will use your information
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal information, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
In general terms, we use the personal information we collect to help Haqeemi Herbs better understand you and to enable us to personalise your experience with Haqeemi Herbs, including offers, promotions and services to meet your needs. We use your information to:
- personalise our services, offers and promotions to you and provide you with a personalised experience on our sites;
- operate your online account and your rewards for life account;
- process your online orders;
- offer you site content that includes items that you might like and to keep track of your basket;
- contact you about your account and tell you about important changes to Haqeemi Herbs;
- provide, develop and improve our products and services;
- provide you customer service;
- manage promotions, competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires; and
- check and verify your identity, and prevent, mitigate or detect and investigate crime, fraudulent or illegal activities;
- process purchases, payments, customer support and order fulfilment.
Note that we may process your personal information for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. If you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal information where more than one ground has been set out in the table below you can request this information by e-mailing your request for this information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal information uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. You can view and make certain decisions about your personal information use at any time at your account, or by e-mailing or contacting our Customer Services team. All of these options are available by clicking here Contacting us.
- Amend your options within the “Your Details” section of “My Account” on the Website;
- Click on the “unsubscribe” link on the bottom of any of our e-mails to opt of email communications;
- Email: email@example.com
PROMOTIONAL OFFERS FROM US
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS FROM US
In general, you will receive marketing communications from us by email, postal mail, SMS, phone or social media if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
Haqeemi Herbs is committed to transitioning over time the basis of its e-mail marketing communications to customer consent. To achieve this, we will be gradually transitioning our lawful basis for processing to consent and will do this in a number of ways and over a period of time depending on how you engage with us, and whether you are new to Haqeemi Herbs or an existing customer or user of Haqeemi Herbs products or services.
If you have any questions about how we are lawfully processing your information you can request this information by e-mailing your request for this information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal information with any company outside the Haqeemi Herbs group of companies for marketing purposes.
THIRD-PARTY COOKIES USED FOR RETARGETING
We have relationships with carefully selected third parties who may also set cookies during your visit to be used for remarketing purposes – in other words to show you different products and services based on what you appear to be interested in. This type of advertising is designed to provide you with a selection of products based on what you’re viewing on HaqeemiHerbs.com, which are presented to you by our business partners when you visit other selected websites. The adverts may highlight products you’ve viewed, alternative styles and colours, as well as products from other categories deemed relevant to your browsing history. The technology behind these adverts is based on cookies.
Disabling these advertisements
We would like to continue to display content that’s relevant to you, however, you can choose to opt out of this type of advertising permanently by deleting our cookies. Please note that if you delete your cookies, we will no longer know that you have opted out, and the banners from us or our other providers from time to time will reappear when you visit other selected websites. You can request more details of our third-party service providers from email@example.com.
You can use your web browser to:
- delete all cookies;
- block all cookies;
- allow all cookies;
- block third-party cookies;
- clear all cookies when you close the browser;
- open a ‘private browsing’ / ‘incognito’ session, which allows you to browse the internet without storing local data; and
- install add-ons and plug-ins to extend browser functionality.
To find information about controlling cookies see our Cookies Policy.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by logging into the website and checking or unchecking relevant boxes at My Account to adjust your marketing preferences or by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or you can make changes by Contacting us at any time.
THE RIGHT TO OBJECT TO PROFILING
Where we process personal information relating to your interaction (transactions, site visits) with HaqeemiHerbs.com to enable us to personalise your experience with HaqeemiHerbs.com. This processing activity constitutes profiling under the GDPR and we process your personal information in this way as it is in our legitimate interest to offer you a personalised experience on our sites and to provide you with personalised advertising and marketing.
We do see profiling as a beneficial service allowing you to have easier and quicker access to products, services and offers tailored more specifically to your interests, but we respect that not everyone feels the same way and we will be sad to see you go.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please Contact us.
If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
6. Disclosures of your personal data
We may have to share your personal information with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 4 above.
- Internal Third Parties as set out in the Glossary below.
- External Third Parties as set out in the Glossary below.
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal information in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you want further information on the third parties we use.
7. International Transfers
Many of our external third parties are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal information will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal information out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal information to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal information by the European Commission. For further details, see European Commission: Adequacy of the protection of personal information in non-EU countries.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal information the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal information to third countries.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal information shared between the Europe and the US. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield.
Please contact email@example.com if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal information out of the EEA.
8. Data Security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
9. Data Retention
HOW LONG WILL YOU USE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. In addition, this includes that we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with legal requirements, prevent fraud and resolve disputes. After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, we dispose of it securely according to our data retention and deletion policies
When we determine the maximum retention duration of any personal data we hold we do so with regard to our legitimate interests to retain data, our obligation under GDPR to minimise data we hold, the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Request erasure in section 10. Your Legal Rights below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
10. Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal information. Please see below to find out more about these rights and access the request forms should you want to make any of these requests:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please send the completed forms to us to the e-mail or postal address included on the form.
NO FEE USUALLY REQUIRED
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
WHAT WE MAY NEED FROM YOU
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
TIME LIMIT TO RESPOND
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You have the right to:
Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it. If you want to receive a copy of any information, we process about you please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us. You can update your information at any time at your ‘My Account’.
Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal information to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request. You can request erasure of your information at any time by emailing us to email@example.com.
Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms. You can update your marketing preferences at any time at your ‘My Account’ and/or Contacting us.
Request restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal information in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it. You can request restriction of processing by Contacting us.
Request the transfer of your personal information to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you. You can request the transfer of your personal information by Contacting us.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time by Contacting us.
Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal information for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal information for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation means processing your personal information where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
INTERNAL THIRD PARTIES
Other companies in the Haqeemi Herbs Group who act as joint controllers or processors within the EEA and who provide IT and system administration services and undertake leadership reporting.
EXTERNAL THIRD PARTIES
- Service providers acting as processors based in the EEA who provide IT, system administration services, payment providers to facilitate purchases, fulfilment providers to facilitate order management, packaging and delivery and marketing and communications services providers in order to personalise your experience and communicate with you.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in the EEA who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators, law enforcement bodies and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers based in the United Kingdom who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances and otherwise in defence of legal claims.
- Market researchers, fraud prevention agencies and analytics providers.